Choosing the right flooring for your home can be challenging. The flooring material should not look appealing, but it should also avoid slipping and sliding as well as could withstand scratches and stain in the long run. It seems like asking too much, but with so many wonderful options available, there is no reason why you should compromise on the flooring style and comfort.
Factors to determine the best flooring
- Appearance: the floor should have an aesthetic look and should make your house appear luxurious.
- Durability: should withstand scratches from pet claws, heavy traffic, and wear and tear by kids.
- Water Resistant: should restrain from warping or damaging from any liquid falling on it like a glass of juice or pet urine.
- Scratch Resistant: should withstand scratches from pets, heavy furniture, etc.
- Maintenance: the main purpose of durable flooring is less maintenance like sanding, polishing, repairing, etc.
Types of flooring to choose from
Installing laminate flooring gives the appearance of hardwood or tile without costing as much, making it among the most economical choices. Families with young children can use laminate since it is easy to clean and generally water-resistant.
Whether you choose ceramic, stone, porcelain, or marble, tiles have a timeless appearance that goes with almost any type of décor. Tiles are fantastic options for flooring that is kid- and pet-friendly because of their high scratch- and water resistance.
Hardwood flooring can be refinished numerous times, and thus they make excellent flooring investments for families. They are less water-resistant and more prone to scratches, but if you sand and repaint them, they can look new again.
Due to its resistance to scratches, built-in comfort, and water resistance, rubber flooring is an excellent choice for kids and pets. Its main advantage is the simplicity of cleaning it.
Concrete flooring is one of the better solutions for high-traffic areas, which is why mudrooms and entryways frequently use it. You won’t need to replace it for a very long time because it is made to last.
Cork floors are growing in demand because of their eco-friendly source. Since cork is also naturally antibacterial, it inhibits the growth of mould and other allergens. This will help your toddlers, adults, and pets as well. It’s also one of the softest surfaces you can use as a floor, making it ideal for young children and pets who want to take a nap as well as for infants and toddlers.
Flooring Care Tips
- Trim your pet’s nails frequently to avoid scratches on the floor. Even if they run for a treat or welcome you home, there will be less lipping and fewer scratches.
- Even if you have scratch and water-resistant flooring, you should still consider placing a rug on the high traffic areas. This will not only avoid wear and tear but also increase the flooring life.
- Regular maintenance and deep cleaning also help in reducing the repairing and replacement chances. Always contact a professional for assistance. They use eco-friendly products and advanced tools for fast and proper cleaning services.
Flooring can increase the value of your house or destroy the complete look. Choose wisely when you know you have kids and messy furry friends. Make sure to hire a professional flooring company for installation and supply. Having an expert delivering installation and material will provide quality performance and ensure you have all neseccesarelly warranties on a product and installation.