I had one of the most productive days I’ve had in a long time this past weekend. But it wasn’t a hectic, running around, getting out of breath and all frazzled kind of productive days. Quite the opposite. It was slow. It was hazy. It was comfortable. It was soothing. Now, I’m not trying to toot my own horn at all BUT (that sentence really is like “I’m not a racist but…, hey?) here’s a list of all the things I got done on Saturday…(toot toot)
- Read in bed for over an hour. Such a delightful way to start the day. I highly recommend it to all.
- Tidied. And not just by putting related things together in big piles, leaving them to be systematically moved around the place when I need to access something they’re sitting on top of. I mean, actually tidying and putting stuff away, Mary Poppins style. ‘xcept I cannae whistle or sing.
- Made bolognese for lunch. And yeah, okay, I cheated and used a sauce from a jar but I don’t care because it was delicious but also quick.
- Put a load of washing on and hung it out to dry in the beautiful spring weather. I loved seeing a mish mash of vintage and retro patterned fabrics flapping about in the breeze.
- Churned out some blog post ideas. I’ve had quite a few ping ponging around in my brain for a lonnnnng time. Feels good to get them down on paper!
- Took care of my succulents and cacti by repotting and weeding them. Found some unwanted guests in one of my plant pots but also some self-propogated pups!
- Visited my sister who semi-recently moved out. I even got cuddles from her kitten, Scout, which was a great way to relax and wind up the day.
Phewph! See what I mean? I was a Busy Bertha but not a Hectic Helga. Everything I did was something I needed to do but was also enjoyable. How lovely! Have you had a slow and steady day like this recently?