Well August was brief, wasn’t it? Where the hell did it go? Just vanished! Rude. I was super busy this past month with uni stuff and had very little time for nice bloggy and Etsy things. I feel like I’ve been running on a treadmill nonstop for four weeks and now things are starting to show signs of maybe slowing down…possibly…and I almost don’t know what to do with myself. It’s quite unnerving, this not urgently having to do something all of the time. But, I am happy to report that once my brain got into gear, I realised it would be an excellent time to compile a list of Nice Things for the beginning of September. Let’s go!
- Feeling peckish? I am! Grumble grumble says my tummy. Why not try Pip’s tangy chewy lemon squares!
- The Raw Revivals Etsy shop is one I just discovered last week and is already one of my all-time faves. So many second-hand and vintage goodies!
- Do you like podcasts? I have to admit, I only listen to one (Australian Writer’s Centre “So You Want To Be a Writer”), but this list has some goodies! I really love the idea of Gilmore Guys and No Such Thing As a Fish, which I’ve heard good things about. Thanks Carly! What podcasts do you listen to?
- Who knew protractors could be so delightfully artful? Spanish photographer Chema Madoz, that’s who.
- Emma Block is one of my favourite illustrators/designers. I own about four or five of her gorgeous prints from Etsy. So I really enjoyed reading this interview with Emma and hearing about her typical day and where she gets her inspiration from. It’s always so nice to hear those things, don’t you think?
- Keeping with the creative theme but taking a very different turn, a group of people in London are running a social photography project. Cafe Art give disposable cameras to homeless people of London and get them to capture the city from their perspective. The photos that come out of it are so unique and beautiful. Check them out, and the Kickstarter video, here. You can even support their project, if you like.
- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by social media? I do. It’s not very nice, to be honest. I think Anna has some very good tips. A lot of them seem so simple that they make you wonder why we don’t employ them already! #becausewereaddictedyo
- Oh, and if you want a cheery desktop background check out Oana Befort’s beeeyoootiful FREE design for September.
What is a nice thing you have noticed this month so far? Is there something you are particularly excited for in September? I’d love to hear!