Wowee! April, already?? What’s happening, guys?? I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m starting to panic a little bit over how quickly this year is flying. To distract myself, and maybe you too, from that and to help just dig our heads further into the Sand of Denial, here’s a list of nice things!
- “A Spool of Blue Thread” by Anne Tyler has been out for a little while already but I haven’t got round to buying it yet. Well. That’s not entirely accurate. I have banned myself from buying more books momentarily *hangs head in shame* But! You can read a sample of it right here!
- Paper Fashion is one of my favourite Facebook pages to follow – she makes shadow dancers out of anything and everything. The photos she posts always manage to amaze me – this is an example of one of my favourites.
- “People are really excited to do something analog and creative, at a time when we’re all so overwhelmed by screens and the Internet. And colouring is not as scary as a blank sheet of paper of canvas. It’s a great way to de-stress.” – Johanna Basford, who has released two gorgeous colouring books for adults. You can read the interview and see some photos of Johanna’s work space here. Would you use a colouring book for adults?
- This is one of my favourite smells and words, and I had no idea the word was of Australian origin! Does anyone know the Doctor Who reference? Bonus points if you do! (Just kidding, I love you all equally).
- Can you believe you can download these beautiful bird prints for free? Get on it! I like them in the white frames, but I think light tan ones would look great, too! Birds not your thing? How about some great botanical prints instead? Also free!
- Feeling crafty? And also maybe a little…foxy? Try this! How cute is he?
- Fellow blogger and just all-round lovely person, Annette, wrote a post about the very important topic of self-care over at I Give You The Verbs. Check it out! I’ve got a post about this topic in the works – keep your eyes peeled.
- The world can be a bit of a depressing place sometimes, especially when we think about the future of our dear planet. So help the ol’ girl out and have a look at some easy things you can do to be a little kinder to her AND save money.