Wowsers! birdandfox has been nominated for a Liebster Award, people! The oh-so-lovely Emily from Not So Nanna included this little blog of mine in her list of nominations and I’m so thrilled – thank you Emily!
1. What was the one thing that took your blog from a dream to reality?
The Blog With Pip (BWP) courses fo sho. Having a blog was an idea I had toyed with for a while but never really had the guts to dive into and act on. Signing up for the course was the best thing I could have done. The environment was so welcoming, everyone is friendly, and Pip is incredibly encouraging and positive. Pip helped me transition from “I really don’t think I can do this” to “Hmmmm…maybe I can…”. Highly recommend.
2. Who is your favourite artist (musician, crafter, painter, etc.)?
Oohhh boy, not quite sure where to start here. I tend not to have just one of each but I’ll list my current favourites.
Musician – Julia Nunes. Oh! And Sarah Humphreys!
Crafter – Beci Orpin. And Rob Ryan! See, I’m so bad at listing just one.
Painter – Iris Grace.
3. Why do you love your favourite season?
I can’t actually pick a favourite season – I sit on the fence with things like this. Although, if you twist my arm, I would probably say autumn is my favourite. I think I like it so much because it’s cold but not too cold (though I’ll still complain it’s cold) and there’s lots of leaves on the pavement which, believe me, I make a point of standing on to get that satisfying crrrrrunnnch! sound while my boyfriend just shakes his head as he watches me meander my way down the path.
4. What was the best moment from a birthday when you were a kid?
I don’t know if it’s the *best* moment of all birthday-related moments for me as a kid but it’s the one I’m remembering at this current point in time. When my sister and I were young, my mum would invariably set up the game where you place a balloon between your legs (STAY WITH ME PEOPLE) and have to try to walk from one end of the room to the other without the balloon moving from between your legs. It’s hilarious and almost always impossible.
5. Milk, dark, or white chocolate?
Okay, first of all, white chocolate isn’t even chocolate because it doesn’t include any cocoa. So it’s just this weird, solid, white stuff. And dark chocolate tastes like the bitter end of the devil’s anus. So, yeah, milk chocolate is my answer. Sorry. I feel pretty strongly about this.
6. Least annoying/despised/boring type of house work?
I really like washing dishes! And vacuuming!
7. If someone offered to make you dinner, what would you have them whip up?
Something with tofu. And pickles! In short, I don’t really know.
8. Last concert you went to?
Missy Higgins’ OZ tour – ’twas AMAZING (and blog post-worthy).
9. Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook?
10. Do you watch the movie first or read the book first?
ALWAYS READ THE BOOK.
11. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Unfortunately, this still isn’t something I have figured out about myself just yet. I *think* I’m an early bird. I like when I get up early and am super dooper productive before it’s even 11am and then I sit down and congratulate myself on being so awesomely productive and what’s that? Oh it’s 4pm and everything has gone downhill. I should probably work on that.
11 Facts About Me
1. I crack my knuckles.
2. I have at least three different sets of handwriting.
3. I hate coconut.
4. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
5. I automatically put two spaces in between sentences when I type – an old hangover from having an ex-secretary mother teach me to type.
6. I have an ever-growing collection of cacti and succulents. No, really, it’s technically ALWAYS GROWING. Because they’re plants.
7. I prefer to reverse into car parks.
8. Someone once told me I was the only person they knew who had the exact same hair and eye colour. For the record, I don’t think it’s true. But someone once thought it was = FACT.
9. My favourite smell is old books.
10. I always lift my doona cover to check for spiders before getting into bed. There was a traumatic incident when I was younger. I’m sure you can figure it out.
11. I found it harder that I thought I would to come up with 11 facts about myself.
These are the 11 blogs that I nominate, in no particular order;
1. bear loves dove
2. Gold Dust Days
3. From The Left Field
4. The Chronic-ills of Rach
5. Heike Herrling
6. Bow B I R D I E
7. Sarah’s Heart Writes
8. Sharon’s Bigg Life
9. These Woven Words
10. The Bowerbird Girl
11. One Small Life
And here are my 11 questions for you, fellow bloggers!
1. Where is your favourite place to be?
2. Smooth or crunchy peanut butter? Or no peanut butter at all??
3. What is the thing that has surprised you the most about blogging?
4. When you make fairy bread, do you use the round hundreds and thousands or the long sprinkles? Chyeah, that’s right, I ask the big questions.
5. What would be one piece of wisdom you would pass on to people?
6. What was the last thing you took a photo of on your phone?
7. Tea or coffee? Both?
8. What are you most looking forward to in this month?
9. When was the last time you read a book?
10. City, suburbia, or country?
11. What is your ideal way to spend time with your friends and/or family?
What YOU need to do when you post in response:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award image on your post.
- Respond to the 11 questions I wrote for you.
- Include 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other blogs you think are deserving of the award and have less than 200 followers (have a look at their Bloglovin’ and/or Facebook page to get an idea). It seems people can be somewhat flexible with this. I tried to keep my nominations within this as best I could but there are a couple of bloggers who have just over 200 followers.
- Include 11 questions for them to answer.
- Get in contact with those bloggers to let them know you have nominated them.